Evolution of the one sentence pitch
Apr 6, 2021
Originally posted on HEY World
Pitch sentence. The tag line. One liner. Product description. Call it what you will, but creating a single sentence that describes a business/product is just as hard as giving it a name. It took a lot of time to come up with a name, but even more time to get create a pitch that can tell someone what Doorkeep is and who its for.
Here are some product descriptions I used in the past:
- The inbox for real estate.
- The property manager’s inbox.
- The messaging app for rental managers and hosts.
- Text messaging for property managers.
- Cloud phone system for rentals.
- Rental management’s Message Center
- Organized communications for property managers.
- Help desk software for real estate management.
… and here is Doorkeep’s product description / pitch as of today: Customer service platform for your rental properties.
What will it evolve into in one year?
I love posts like this, because looking back is a lot of fun or funny or 🤦🏻♂️